Have you decided to sell products online using eBay or Amazon? You took the right decision and you’ve come to the right article. Selling products online includes a lot of steps like choosing a platform to sell your products, choosing what products you wish to sell, choosing a reliable supplier, and a lot more. However, you don’t have to worry as we have explained the process step by step to help you.
Selling online isn’t that daunting as you think, and store builders have made it easier. It will not cost too much, and it’s not all techy. People are shopping online now more than ever, you can take advantage of this situation. Amazon and eBay are e-commerce giants that you can use in your online selling journey for making actual money. If any of these interests you, then keep on reading.
How to sell products on Amazon
If you want to expand your business online, then Amazon can help you more than you can imagine. Amazon already has a lot of buyers, and you can use that for your benefit. You can tie up with them, and they will provide you with tools and services that will come in handy. Let us walk you through the step-by-step guide to sell on Amazon.
- Register your account – For becoming an Amazon seller, create an account in which you need to enter basic information like GST number, PAN number, and an active bank account. Once you complete this, then they will give you access to Seller Central, which will serve as your one-stop destination for fulfilling all your seller needs.
- Upload your products – After creating an account you need to list all the products with images. You can do this through the portal of Seller Central or the Seller App. If you need any help with product photography or anything related to the listing, you can always hire experts from Amazon’s third-party Service Provider Network (SPN).
- Start selling – Now the real game starts. You can reach millions of potential buyers from here. To become eligible for Prime, your listing has to be fulfilled by Amazon. Post this, your products will be visible for potential buyers and they can buy them.
- Start delivering – Now when your first buyer makes an order, you will get an email from Amazon. If you have chosen Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), Amazon will be responsible for everything related to delivery.
- Receive Payment – After the delivery of the product, you will receive the payment every 7 days in your bank account.
Pros and Cons of selling on Amazon
Pro: It’s easy.
It’s very easy to sell on Amazon. With FBA, you don’t have to worry about the delivery process, Amazon will take care of it.
Con: Fierce competition
There are thousands of sellers from all over the world with whom you have to compete with. It’s not a simple task.
Pro: Increased reach
Amazon is a popular and trusted brand, so buyers trust the sellers selling on it. You will not have to work from scratch for attracting buyers.
However, your earnings will increase, but there will be some fees that you will have to pay to Amazon. Here, having a website of your own seems a good option.
How to sell products on eBay
eBay is a popular and well-liked website to sell and buy second-hand products. It can help you expand your business’s reach. Follow the instructions below to sell products on eBay:
• Register yourself – Go to the official website and Login if you’re not registered. On eBay, you can use one account to either be a seller or a buyer. So, set up your business account (not a private account) and fill in the required information.
• Payment Method – After registering, choose an automatic payment method, it can be Pay Pal, or a credit card, or a debit card.
• Start listing – Enter the name of the item you wish to sell and choose a category for the product. They will provide you with sample templates that you can use to make it look aesthetic. After this, choose if the product is new or old.
• Shipping options – Make your shipping options attractive by providing free returns, free shipping on costly products, short delivery time, or something else.
Pros and Cons of selling eBay
Pro: A higher price
The option of auction listing can help sellers to get a high price of the products.
Con: Bargain shoppers
People here want the cheapest transaction.
Pro: No competition from eBay
Unlike Amazon, eBay doesn’t sell their products, so you don’t have to face any competition from eBay.
Con: Limited control over listing
eBay decides how much you can promote your personal brand, and they can cancel any listing anytime.
Last, we want to tell you; you don’t have to choose between selling platforms. You can take advantage of both of them and have fun selling products online.