SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, it is a practice that is used to further increase the quality of your website so that it drives more and more traffic organically. It is a digital marketing tool that is not so easy to understand as it works in layers.
SEO demands some investment that will pay off in the long term. The profit will be visible in the first year itself, and it is going to increase in the years to come. Keep track of analytics to measure the ROI. Excellent quality SEO brings light to new opportunities like new brands. With increased traffic, newer opportunities will wait around the corner. You should know when to grab them.
Three vital things to keep in mind
- Quality of traffic – The traffic should come to see your content. For instance, if you provide online classes for the GATE examination, but the visitors on your website are looking for wooden gates for their home. Here, there’s no point in such traffic. Hence, the quality of traffic matters.
- Quantity of traffic – The phrase, the more, the merrier applies here. The more people click through those Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs), the higher is the reach. As we know, higher reach is always better.
- Organic traffic – As the word ‘Organic’ suggests, organic traffic is the number of visitors that visited the website without watching any advertisement.
Important elements of SEO
- Keywords – As we have come forward in the world of content, keywords are not the only thing that matters for content to have a good ranking, but it still is very important.
Keywords are words or phrases that people usually use for searching in search engines. If we carefully choose these keywords after extensive research, use them naturally, then they can do wonders. For instance, if a particular word has a higher search rate than the other, then using the former will be a smart choice.
- Content – Well, you must have heard, content is king! Make your content optimized for users so that they can find whatever they were looking for.
- Off-page SEO – On-page SEO is something you can control on your website, but what is off-page SEO, andwhy is it called off-page SEO? It’s called off-page SEO because it includes optimization from outside the website. You can write a blog for a successful blog owner as a guest, or you can include a name of a famous influencer in your content, or you can create engaging infographics which will be shared under your name.
This technique is known as backlink building because this will build backlinks using other successful people’s content.
- Local SEO – Local SEO is useful when the search intent is local and according to experts, half of the searches are done by either mobile phones or tablets. For example, if you have a bookshop, local SEO will make sure that all the people looking for a bookshop near you, will find your shop’s website.
Local SEO can be achieved through creating pages of your business on different search engines, use local keywords, create location-specific pages, and there are many other ways.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) – SEM is a paid marketing tool that includes a lot of fruitful practices such as native ads, social media ads, pay-per-click, shopping ads, and many more.
Although SEM demands some investment, it gives results in the future.
Why is SEO so important?
- Reach and ranking – SEO increases the reach of your content, which means if your targeted audience finds something then your content will be visible to them. The higher the visibility of your content, the higher is the chances of your content to rank. Your aim should be to rank on the first search engine result page (SERP) because all of us know users barely see past the first SERP.
- Authority – What do we mean by authority? Well, it is a relatively recent phenomenon, but it has gained a lot of importance. Authority means how relevant is your website, is your content reliable or not, if you include complete information or not. These things matter, if you want to rank above your competitors.
- Better customer experience – If your content is good, but your page takes a minute or two to load, then why would your prospect wait for this much? They will not, they will leave your site and click on another link. So, the page load speed of your website should be as minimum as possible so that visitors can spend more time on your website. Responsive sites are gems that mobile users want to explore more.
Success – In the end, SEO will help in taking your business to new heights. It will convert your visitors to your loyal customers. SEO brings increased sales, loyal customers, a better relationship with your audience, and many such rewards. Products and services that you will offer will soon turn into your sales.